Ross decided that his Chilli Jam was the flavour for the design team – the fact it matches their department’s branding is just the icing on the creative cake.
This isn’t the first time Ross has gifted this particular recipe – it was also one of his wedding favours! Great with cheese but AMAZING on a bacon roll – Boxing Day morning sorted right there! Here’s how he did it…
• 8 red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
• 10 red chillies, roughly chopped
• finger-sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
• 8 garlic cloves, peeled
• 400g can cherry tomatoes
• 750g golden caster sugar
• 250ml red wine vinegar
1. Tip the peppers, chillies (with seeds), ginger and garlic into a food processor, then whizz until very finely chopped. If you don’t have one, employ some helpful family members or friends.
2. Scrape into a heavy-bottomed pan with the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar, then bring everything to the boil. Skim off any scum (lovely!) that comes to the surface, then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 50 mins, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the jam starts to get sticky, continue cooking for 10-15 mins more, stirring frequently so that it doesn’t catch and burn. It should now look like thick, bubbling lava.
4. Cool slightly, transfer to sterilised jars, then leave to cool completely.
Keeps for 3 months in a cool, dark cupboard so please use before the end of January 2019 – refrigerate once opened and use within 7 days.