Could you fill this space? (This opportunity is now closed)
The lovely Rachelle is moving on to take the next step in her career – and she’s leaving us with pretty big shoes to fill.
We’d like to hear from content marketers with a working knowledge of SEO. This is a hands-on role in which you’ll be able to flex your copywriting muscles, liaise with clients, and publish content to a variety of client platforms on a day to day basis. Ultimately, you’ll generate and deliver quality writing pieces which appeal to both B2C and B2B audiences. Specific requirements for the role are outlined overleaf.
Sounds like the role for you? Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering note telling us why you’re right for this job. Feel free to share samples of your written work when applying too. Salary expectations will be discussed at interview.
Closing date: 31 January 2020.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies).
- Write clear and engaging copy for our clients from both B2B and B2C perspectives.
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our clients’ products and services.
- Identify client needs to spot gaps in content and recommend new topics.
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Build and populate well-structured pages using content management systems.
- Update website content using content management systems as required.
- Proofread and edit copy.
- Liaise with clients on expectations and approvals prior to publication.
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams as required.
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimise copy and drive traffic.
- Promote content on social media as required.
- Update website content as needed.
- Research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success.
- Review and analyse client sites for areas that can be improved and optimised.
- Any other tasks or duties as can reasonably be expected.
Requirements for this role
- Proven experience as a content writer, copywriter, or similar role.
- Ability to adapt tone according to audience for both B2B and B2C content.
- Portfolio of published articles.
- Experience doing research using multiple sources.
- Familiarity with web publications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Hands-on experience of content management systems such as WordPress, Umbraco and Sitecore.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of search engine optimisation practices.
- An ability to think creatively and strategically and identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Experience and knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Experience with website optimisation tools.
- Strong organisation, time management, and analytical skills.
- A degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field.